1977 Bellanca Decathlon 8KCAB
Aerobatic beauty! Low times! Completely restored!
AirplanesUSA is proud to present this gorgeous, completely-restored aerobatic Decathlon! This is a fun, adventuresome, and economical flyer. Don´t wait!
Call Manny at AirplanesUSA today! (954) 359-6000.
1420 TT Since New
Lycoming AEIO-320-E2B Engine (150 HP, 2000 TBO)
140 SMOH (Aviation Engines, Inc., Alabama, 3/04)
Inverted Fuel and Oil System
All compressions: 70 +
Sensenich 2-blade fixed-pitch prop
No damage history
Restoration completed Nov. 2012 by Jerry Stadtmiller of BIPE, Inc.: WEBSITE VIDEO
Wood spar inspected and confirmed in perfect condition when recovered.
Next annual inspection due October 1, 2015.
Icom IC-A200 Com
Apollo 2001 NMS GPS
Narco AT50 Transponder
PS Engineering 1000 Intercom
Vertical card compass
Interior is in excellent condition
New seats, carpet, glass, and headliner
2 tan vinyl seats
Rear seat has full controls (except mixture)
Exterior is in excellent condition
New skin throughout
White over black with gold trim
Included items: Headsets and wheel pants
Aircraft is hangared just South of Savannah, GA (Zip 31331)
Call Manny Camacho at AirplanesUSA (954) 359-6000.
AirplanesUSA always encourages proper pre-purchase inspections.
Information provided is believed accurate although not guaranteed.
Flight times may vary with normal aircraft utilization.
Aircraft may be subject to prior sale or withdrawal from the market.
See www.AirplanesUSA.Com for the latest photos and details.
General Specifications (Not aircraft specific):
- Two-seat light cabin monoplane.
- Braced high-wing monoplane.
- Wing section NACA 1412 modified.
- Dihedral 1°.
- Incidence 1°30´.
- Size of front spar substantially increased and ribs stronger and more closely spaced by comparison with Citabria.
- Trusses added between front and rear spars in aileron area.
- Aluminium (front) and steel tube (rear) Vee bracing struts each side, of enlarged section.
- Welded steel tube structure, fabric covered.
- Tail Unit
- Wire-braced welded steel tube structure.
- Fixed-incidence tailplane.
- Trim tab in elevator.
- Landing Gear
- Non -retractable tailwheel type.
- Cantilever spring steel main gear.
- Fairings on main wheels.
- Power Plant
- One 150-hp Lycoming IO-320-E1A or IO-320-E1B four-cylinder horizontally-opposed air-cooled engine, driving a Hartzell HC-C2YL-4/C7663-4 two-blade metal counterweighted constant-speed propeller.
- Two wing fuel tanks, with total usable capacity of 40 US gallons (151.4 L).
- Oil capacity 2 US gallons (7.5 L).
- Enclosed cabin seating two persons in tandem.
- Quick-jettison door on starboard side.
- Space for 100 lb (45 kg) baggage.
- Dimensions (external)
- Wing span: 32 ft 0 in (9.75 m)
- Wing chord (constant): 5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)
- Length overall: 22 ft 10.75 in (6.98 m)
- Height overall: 7 ft 9 in (2.36 m)
- Wheel track: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m
- Wheelbase: 16 ft 4 in (4.98 m)
- Wings, gross: 169 ft² (15.7 m²)
- Ailerons (total): 20.68 ft² (1.92 m²)
- Fin: 7.02 ft² (0.65 m²)
- Rudder: 6.83 ft² (0.63 m²)
- Tailplane: 12.25 ft² (1.14 m²)
Elevators, including tab: 14.58 ft² (1.35 m²)
- Weights and Loadings
- Weight empty: 1,275 lb (578 kg)
- Max T-O weight: 1,800 lb (815 kg)
- Max wing loading: 10.7 lb/ft² (52.2 kg/m²)
- Max power loading: 12.0 lb/hp (5.44 kg/hp)
- Performance @ max T-O weight
- Max never-exceed speed: 156 knots (180 mph; 289 km/h)
- Max level speed: 126 knots (145 mph; 233 km/h)
- Max cruising speed @ 75% power at 8,000 ft (2,440 m): 121 knots (140 mph; 225 km/h)
- Cruising speed @ 65% power: 114 knots (132 mph; 212 km/h)
- Stalling speed: 46 knots (53 mph; 86 km/h)
- Max rate of climb @ S/L: 1,025 ft/min (312 m/min)
- Service ceiling: 16,000 ft (4,875 m)
- Max range: 538 nm (620 miles; 998 km)