1943 Howard DGA-15P
AirplanesUSA is EXTREMELY proud to present the "Grand Champion" winner of 2001 for the best WWII era aircraft at Sun N' Fun!
This most beautiful and prestigeous aircraft was owned by the late Ted Patecell, an engineer and test pilot for Howard Hughes Aircraft, and is still family-owned.
The aircraft sports an authentic art deco paint scheme with matching red leather seats and gray herring bone upholstery highlighting its interior. Powered by a 450HP Pratt & Whitney radial engine, this rare classic has always been a hangar-kept aircraft.
She is airworthy and runs great! What a gem!!
Call Manny at AirplanesUSA 954-491-1700.
- FAA #N67426
- Ser # 1710
- 2300 TT Since New
- Pratt and Whitney R-985 Engine (450 HP)
- 90 SMOH
- Ham Standard prop
- 10 SOH
- Terra TX-760D Com
- Terra TGPS 400 GPS
- Terra TRT 250D Transponder
- Intercom (2-place)
- Red leather seats (5) with grey piping in excellent condition
- Grey herringbone side panels
- Burgundy carpeting
- Roll-down front windows
- Spacious cabin
- Authentic red/black/gold art deco paint scheme in excellent condition
- Chrome Spinner
- Nav Lights
- Pitot Heat
- Chrome Cabin Step Chrome Spinner
- All logbooks
- Aircraft will be delivered with a fresh annual inspection (expired Aug. '12)
- During Hurricane Wilma (Oct. ’05): Aircraft sustained some damage while hangared. Properly repaired.
- Aircraft is hangared in Boca Raton, FL (Zip 33431)
Call Manny Camacho at AirplanesUSA (954) 491-1700.
- AirplanesUSA always encourages proper pre-purchase inspections.
- Information provided is believed accurate although not guaranteed.
- Aircraft may be subject to prior sale or withdrawal from the market.
- See www.AirplanesUSA.Com for the latest photos and details.
Howard Aircraft Corporation began development in 1939 for a single engine, high wing monoplane based on the famed “Mister Mulligan” racer that won both the Bendix and Thompson trophies in 1935, the only aircraft to win both events.
Fully capable of both high cruising speed and allowing 5 people to be seated in superb comfort, the DGA-15 series were a huge sales success with corporations and individuals alike. Over 550 examples were produced and are highly sought after today by aviation enthusiasts around the world.
These historic aircraft are desired for art deco classic styling, comfortable cabin, ease of maintenance, superb flight characteristics and high performance cross-country capability.
- VNE: 235 knots, 270 mph
- Service ceiling: 21,000 ft
- Rate of climb: 1800 FPM
- Length: 25’ 8”
- Wingspan: 38’ 0”
- Height: 8’ 5”
Additional Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_DGA-15